Pages

Thursday 6 February 2014

Can You Help Elizabeth Locate The Original Museum Piece?

Elizabeth emailed me the other day to ask if we could help. Elizabeth writes: My mother began this needlepoint in the 1970s and I completed it early this year - here it is fresh out of the hoop. The pattern came from a McCall's digest of American Needlework (with box of patterns). In this book, the photo of the original (incomplete and still tacked to a frame) was reproduced in black and white. The caption cited the Pennsylvania House Museum as the source. Now, with the wonders of the internet, I thought I might easily locate the original and request a colour photo. Alas, the museum in question knows nothing of it! I wondered if perhaps by posting the image on your blog, we might reach a large and knowledgeable community, locate the original and move closer to seeing a colour image of it. Our colours were assembled from descriptions provided with the pattern - quite subjective! If you can help Elizabeth, please leave a comment or click on the flying angel on the right hand bar and send me a message which I shall forward to Elizabeth.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I have no idea if this is the right one, but there is a Pennsylvania House Museum in Springfield, Ohio.
    http://www.pennsylvaniahousemuseum.info/
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete