Pages

Saturday 10 November 2012

Margreeth's Mirror

This entry to A Mirror To My Art by Margreeth from the Netherlands I found particularly affecting. There is always something very special about a stitched work that is inspired by personal memories. Margreeth simply states, It's about me and my father and me growing up, I see myself in the mirror how I am now - Perhaps here you can enjoy the subtle calm and controlled sentiment of this miniature work of art - for that is what it certainly is my eyes. It is a masterpiece of composition and design - its evanescent, impressionistic image urgently captured by a net of precisely laid stitches.  I really love this one and would love to see more work by Margreeth - maybe an exhibition?

1 comment:

  1. I'm finding many of the mirrors more beautiful and touching as I'm reading about the story behind them and seeing the close ups. This one in particular.

    ReplyDelete