Pages

Friday 11 March 2011

Fabulous Goodhart Sampler Finish by Karen

I have been having problems with our Yahoo mail all day, so my apologies for any delay in responding to you. It allseems to be back working now - fingers and toes crossed. The loveliest and most exciting find in my inbox today was Karen's fabulous finish of the Scottish sampler of 1757 from the Goodhart Collection. (The chart is inside the jacket of the book of the Goodhart Samplers - I think some people are still discovering theirs!) I am particularly fond of this sampler with its rows of decorated alphabets, parading boxers and even an Adam and Eve for good measure. I know it must be a Northern sampler because poor Adam looks so blue in his state of innocence. Won't someone knit him a woollie, please? Lovely stitching and beautiful frame, Karen. Thank you so much for sharing. To browse some pages of the Goodhart Samplers simply click here.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Karen, what a beauty! Jacqueline, hope Yahoo behaves from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!!!

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely sampler. This is definitely on my 'to do' list...

    ReplyDelete