Pages

Wednesday 2 March 2011

Busy Happy Days! The New Judith Hayle in the New Book and More

It has just been the busiest of days, preparing the last touches for the new Needleprint book - Volume 1 of the Micheál and Elizabeth Feller Collection. Today we put the chart for this wonderful sampler stitched by Dorothy Ward dated 28 Iuly 1697 onto the inside jacket of the book, which I know will please some sampler lovers who asked me to do this. Two of the bands amongst the plethora on this sampler come from Johannes Sibmacher's pattern book, maybe you can see the parrots and, below, the huntsman and hound in pursit of the stag, in the lower half of the picture.





And the other great bonus is that the newly come-to-light Judith Hayle sampler stitched by Martha Cussen in 1696 will be included in this volume also. You can see the auction image here, however new images have been specially commissioned for the book. It is all getting very exciting - but I must go to bed now and look forward to another happy, busy day tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. WOW! What a wonderful career you have! Isn't it wonderful to be able to share so much passion with an captivated and anxious (to see) and receptive (soaking up) audience! We're waiting daily to see what you have for us!
    And, do tell us more about the book and it's offerings.
    Jeannie in Dallas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited about the publishing of this book and have been waiting very patiently. This means that soon we may be able to purchase it. Thanks for working so hard - this book will be fantastic, I am sure. Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacqueline I so look forward to your new book!! Worth all the hard work I am sure:)) Do take a rest now and then!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I now have my bday pressie picked out...will it be published by August???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacqueline,

    Here's a stupid question - did this book come out under a different name? I swear I missed this...Thanks

    Hugs and Love,
    Jennifer from Honesdale

    ReplyDelete