Pages

Friday 14 January 2011

The Delights of Bunad

I love Norway - it is one of my favourite countries. I have travelled in overland stages north from Oslo through the Arctic Circle to the Lofoten Islands-twice in Midsummer-by bus and train, boat and foot, staying in turf-roofed huts along the way, walking in the hills whenever I could. It was magical and the memories are as clear and distinct now as the air was keen then. One delight was dipping into my copy of Bunad while travelling. This Norwegian Magazine celebrates Bunad - the distinctive, beautifully decorated and embroidered national dress of all the various regions. I was delighted to find out that I could subscribe when I returned home. They have a lovely web-site which also has a shop. At the moment you can find all these old-fashioned lovely fabrics to buy - they would make handsome additions to a Quilter's or Patchworker's stash. To see more just click here.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jacqueline It's a great Magazine.
    Do you know the blog Tinselverkstaden?
    http://tinselsilkeull.blogspot.com/
    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.reproductionfabrics.com/ I have found reproduced fabrics taht are the same as on m older bunad textiles at a different price on this site
    .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Thank you for thinking of us quilters.

    ReplyDelete