Pages

Friday 6 August 2010

Bright and Bold as a Button - Say Hello to Bertie

As you can see I am still stitching hard away here and this is just off my needle. I really wanted to compose a miniature Vierlande sampler as the real articles are usually quite big and are quite an undertaking. This is Vierlande in a nutshell, if you like, small but perfectly formed from authentic motifs with examples of all the types of motifs also. It will take you about a weekend to stitch. The two tone colouring is unusual, but does occur on on some Vierlande samplers adding to the richness and warmth of the pieces. I am calling this sampler from the new Vierlande II motif album + 10 samplers download Bertie after a very kind and special friend.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations, it's a very pretty finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me Me ??? I am so honoured Jacqueline, you are so kind, you are special friend to me too :-))
    Love this sampler and must stitch it now!! Lets meet up soon.
    Love xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bertie is most beautiful. But only a weekend to stitch? I think you must never stop to eat or sleep...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jacqueline,
    That's a very nice sampler indeed! Does this mean that the Vierlande II motif album is available now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful piece and love the two color shades.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Jackie - this is a gorgeous sampler. I can see why Bertie is so honoured to have this named after her! What fabric and threads did you use? It's hard to see the size of the sampler from your picture. I love anything miniature - check out my blog - I have just started Jane Rees on 55ct Gander linen with AVAS Soie Surfine and I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am really looking forward to stitching these. But only a weekends worth of stitching? I wish I was blessed by that amount of time and energy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful creations. I will have to look in to downloading it. Can't do today as I am about off to the Antiques Roadshow here in DesMoines, IA, USA. Tickets came at the last minute about two weeks ago. I was speachless. I am taking a antique Scottish sampler to be appraised.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just a little bit longer to wait for the Vierlander II Motif and 10 Sampler download while I finish a couple more items to show you. Yes, the Bertie sampler can really be stitched in a weekend! And yes, I shall look forward to meeting up with you Bertie!

    ReplyDelete